- No building material can guarantee a fireproof home, but there are some preventative measures that a homeowner can take to better prepare for fires- like installing a non-combustible home exterior.
- James Hardie manufactures durable, low-maintenance, non-combustible fiber-cement siding, introduced to the United States by James Hardie in the early '90s. Its proprietary formulation consists of sand, Portland cement and wood fiber.
- James Hardie siding resists flame spread and is recognized for installation where non-combustible construction is required.
- While brick is a non-combustible home exterior, brick can be very expensive to install and has limited design flexibility. Consumers and government officials should be made aware of other options for non-combustible exteriors, like James Hardie® siding.
- Building codes written with the intention of protecting homeowners from fire-prone materials like wood and vinyl often exclude the use of "siding" in their codes. These were often written before the introduction of James Hardie siding in the early 90's.
- James Hardie siding enables wider design styles — enabling the charm and character of wood with the added assurance of a flame-resistance not available in wood or vinyl.
- James Hardie products offer the opportunity to protect the entire exterior of the home with non-combustible siding products. This includes soffit panels for eaves and trim boards for corners, around windows and doors. These can be used in conjunction with stucco and brick exteriors as an alternative to wood trim and soffit panels.
- James Hardie is a believer in the development of four-sided, well-designed homes that help prepare a home against fire and weather damage.
Tuesday, June 4, 2013
Friday, May 24, 2013
This Deck will be receiving some iron hand railing. The deck material is pressure treated pine. We really enjoy working on the lake! http://www.jdspradlin-construction.com https://www.twitter.com/jdspradlinroof
Sunday, May 19, 2013
- Smart investment: Your home is your biggest investment. It's an even better investment if you add a deck. Experts say you can realize a 100 percent return on your investment. Homebuyers these days want houses with decks. There are practical reasons: Decks expand a home's living space. Plus, they give you countless ways to relax and have fun.
- Party central: Think of the possibilities for year-round fun on your deck with family and friends. On New Year's Eve, you and your guests can gather on your deck and celebrate the stroke of midnight with champagne. On July 4, you can sip iced tea and grill hotdogs. A built-in hot tub adds opportunities for fun and relaxation. On Halloween, you can organize a pumpkin-carving contest, with Jack-o-lanterns lined up around your deck.
- Decking materials galore: Consumers have more choices than ever these days when it comes to choosing material to build their decks. Some decking materials are better suited to warm climates, and others are perfect for withstanding snow and ice. You have a wide selection of hardwoods from which to choose, from California redwood to exotic Ipáº», or you can build your deck with composite material which is not only environmentally friendly - but also as beautiful as many hardwoods. There is also a choice over fastener types. There are many types of fasteners available including the traditional brass and stainless steel screws, as well as the new fastening systems and hidden fasteners that keep the fasteners out of sight.
- Connecting to Nature: Whether your home in the city or in the country, decks offer you a quick and easy way to connect with Nature. You can grow your own herbs in pots, raise prize-winning roses and listen to wind chimes on your deck. You can also enjoy a family dinner al fresco, watch for the first robin of Spring and flocks of geese fly overhead in the Fall or simply relax and meditate on your deck. Life is hectic, but decks give you an easy escape to some much-needed peace and quiet.
Sunday, May 12, 2013
Friday, May 10, 2013
Friday, May 3, 2013
Now is the time!
If you need a new roof on your mobile home now is the perfect time for a porch addition. You can view my latest porch addition on my site. Click on the title above then click on roofing gallery.
Spring is here. Time for a new deck?
Now is a good time to add an area to enjoy the good weather that is on the way. Family get togethers,parties,or just a place to grill and chill. Free estimates. Give me a call J. D. 501-281-3725 or firstname.lastname@example.org Serving all of central Arkansas.
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Sunday, April 28, 2013
Saturday, April 27, 2013
We currently service the following communities: Austin AR,Bald Knob AR,Beebe AR,Bradford AR,Cabot AR,Cammack Village AR,CarlisleAR,Coy AR,Damascus AR,Elpaso AR,Enola AR,Garner AR,Georgetown AR,Gravel Ridge AR,Greenbrier AR,Greers Ferry AR,Griffithville AR,Higginson AR,Humnoke AR,Jacksonville AR,Judsonia AR,Kensett AR,Keo AR,Little Rock AR,Lonoke AR,Maumelle AR,Mayflower AR,Mc Rae AR,Mount Vernon AR,North Little Rock AR,Pangburn AR,Quitman AR,Roland AR,Romance AR,Rose Bud AR,Russell AR,Scott AR,Searcy AR,Sherwood AR,Step Rock AR,Ward AR,West Point AR,Wooster AR,Sweet Home AR,Tumbling Shoals AR, Conway AR AR,72023,72012,72006,72045,72047,71631,72737,72543,72545,72066,72082,72086,72106,